Like humans, cats require good nutrition to stay healthy and avoid getting sick. But choosing a good diet isn’t always easy. You only need to make a quick trip to the pet store to see the problem
Too. Many. Choices.
So how do you know which one is best for your feline companion?
To help make your purchasing decisions easier, we’ve compiled a list of the best cat food around. We’ve rated these products based on three key factors:
- Quality of ingredients
- Customer reviews
- Brand reputations
1. Wellness Dry Cat Food
This product is intended for adult animals.
It contains five key indicators of healthy nutrition: essential vitamins and minerals; probiotics and prebiotics; fiber; fatty acids; and healthy proteins and carbohydrates.
Just take a look at the first two ingredients: de-boned chicken and turkey. Readable, real, and healthy, right off the bat. It’s pricey, but comes in a big bag, so it lasts a long time for most cat owners.
- Grain Free: Grain Free, Complete And Balanced Everyday Nutrition For Your Cat
- Protein Focused Nutrition: Naturally Grain Free, Rich With Delicious Premium Proteins Including.
- Protein – 45%
- Fat – 18%
- Fiber – 3%
- Premium animal proteins
- Safe for animals with health problems (like diabetes)
- Strong fishy smell
- Big heavy bag
2. Taste of the Wild Dry Cat Food
This high protein natural dry food for cats from Taste of the Wild comes in either a 5 or 12-pound bag. It contains real animal protein (including trout, salmon, chicken, and venison), giving your four-legged friend an optimal mix of amino acids.
This “highly digestible” food also contains low-GI carbohydrates like raspberries, blueberries, and peas.
A complete and balanced meal with a natural ingredient made of quality meats is great for the adult cat digestive system.
If there’s anything negative about this food, it could be that cats like it so much they might eat too much too fast if given the opportunity, at least according to some users.
- Discontinued size by the manufacturer
- A taste of the wild with ROASTED VENISON and SMOKED SALMON; optimal amino acid profile, HIGH QUALITY.
Competitive price compared to other premium brands
Ingredients are sourced from sustainable and trusted global suppliers
Proprietary probiotic blend
- Some reviewers have noted that their free feed cats gain weight eating this product, thus necessitating a change in their portions and eating routine
3. Fromm Dry Cat Food
Fromm’s FourStar is a unique dry kibble option. In addition to duck and turkey, the product also offers quail and pheasant meat, which is tough to find in other brands.
Customers have noted that their cats’ skin and coats became shinier and fuller when they switched to this product. Some cat owners have even noticed that their pets shed less, which could be due to an increase in the health of skin and hair follicles.
You may notice that your cat’s digestion improves while eating this food, too.
It comes in a small 5 lb bag, for a single-cat family this can typically last around a month. A few customers have noted that the seal on the bag doesn’t close properly. For freshness, you may need to use a sturdy kitchen clip or something similar.
- Grain-Free Entree Prepared With Duck, Turkey, Quail, and Pheasant.
- Includes An Assortment Of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables.
P S. This adult dry meal is great for your senior cat. It has a balanced diet of natural dry cat food. Treat your cats with this high-quality kibble.
- Contains unique and novel animal protein (including quail and pheasant) to help reduce risk of allergy development
- Promotes shiny coat
- Regulates digestion
- May promote weight gain
- Seal on the bag doesn’t close properly